The Surgical Technologist works under the supervision of a surgeon and registered nurse to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time.
Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.Qualifications
- Education: High School or GED required. Graduate of an accredited School of Surgical Technology program or Military Training Equivalent (68D - Operating Room Specialist). For incumbents who are not graduates of an accredited School of Surgical Technology or have certification please see additional skills required.
- Experience: Two years previous Surgical Technologist experience, required.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Surgical Tech Certification through NBSTSA required.
- Additional Skills Required: New graduates must obtain certification within 12months of hire. Failure to do so will result in termination of employment. Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skill validation and competency testing. Demonstrate effective and appropriate customer service skills, verbal and nonverbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, and time management skills.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Welcome to Novant Health
We are an integrated system of physician practices, hospitals, outpatient centers, and more - each element committed to delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for you and your family. With world-class technology, personal connections, and care that's easier to access and understand, Novant Health is with you every step of the way on your journey to health and wellness.
Remarkable care - We are welcoming a new era in healthcare where achieving good health is just the beginning. We believe in caring for the whole person by getting to know you, having conversations and making connections with our patients. Combining the talent and expertise of our people, the breadth of capabilities across our system, and a commitment to helping you get better and stay healthy is how we are making healthcare remarkable. You can read about some of our remarkable moments here.
Ease and convenience - Novant Health is there when and where you need us. We are working to make healthcare easy to access, easy to schedule and easy to understand. We are bringing the ease and convenience that you enjoy in other aspects of your lives to the healthcare experience because we believe that healthcare doesn't have to be confusing, difficult or disconnected. Start taking control of your health by visiting MyChart.
Community wellness - Our promise is to deliver remarkable healthcare. Part of that promi
Web Reference : AJF/434759107-21
Posted Date : Sat, 24 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Novant Health. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Careers 4 Graduates