|Location:||Barton, NY (13734)|
|Company:||The Guthrie Clinic|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Posted:||5 days ago|
To know and understand the principles of sterile technique and their application. To follow defined procedures under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. To maintain a collaborative relationship with other nursing staff members, physicians, and ancillary staff. To maintain an appropriate level of knowledge and clinical expertise through continuing education and in-service programs.
Education, License & Cert:
Must meet one of the following: Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician School; may practice surgical technology during a 12-month period immediately following completion of school but must pass and maintain surgical technology certification. LPN with current license Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the United Sates Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or Public Health Service Commissioned Corps BLS Basic Life Support CST Certified Surgical technician LPN Licensed Practical Nurse AS Associate of Science AST Associate Surgical technology
Experience is preferred.
1. Demonstrates competence in performance of technical skills relative to clinical area of practice
5. Demonstrates knowledge and practice of patient care concepts.
6. Applies the principles of sterile technique during surgical procedures.
7. Participates in orientation and training program to attain competency in all services.
8. Maintains certification by participating in continuing education activities/provides documentation of required continuing education credits.
9. Promotes teamwork and collaboration among all members of the surgical team. 10. Practices within the scope of current policies and procedures of the nursing Department and nursing unit guidelines.
11. Demonstrates effective time management, flexibility and priority setting regarding work assignment.
12. Attends and participates in unit council meetings, utilizes staff meetings and other appropriate channels to resolve problems.
1. Demonstrates initiative in completing work that needs to be done, within areas of responsibility.
2. It is understood that this description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and that other duties may be assigned as necessary in the performance of this position
3. Recognizes and reports potential problems to the supervisor or nursing manager on the floor.
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of Guthrie, you'll find staff members who have committed themselves to serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.