At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they're family. They're smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We're certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That's why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. Job Summary
Plans, implements, and evaluates surgical patient care in a timely and accurate manner. Position Requirements
1. Licensed by the State of Tennessee.
2. Earned a nursing diploma or degree from a college or university.
3. Must respond to hospital within thirty minutes for on call requirements.
4. Previous Surgery experience.
5. BLS within 90 days of hire.
Equipment and Skills Training:
The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently and independently and to be flexible in applying basic nursing knowledge to a variety of setting. Equipment for the following surgical specialties: general, AEM; genitourinary, lithotripsy; ophthalmologic/Phacoemulsification/I&A; plastic; orthopedic/Andrews table/total joint replacement/Captain's Chair/spinal fixation cases; ENT; obstetric/gynecologic; vascular; oral; Amsco Flash Autoclave; Network computer system, Omnicell Medication System, AT&T Language Line.
A surgical unit with patient population ranging from less than one year of age> ninety-nine plus years of age.
1. Requires the ability to communicate in English orally and in writing.
2. Requires prolonged standing and working for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Constantly required to push/pull objects up to 175 lbs.
4. Requires the ability to lift and turn patients with assistance up to 250 lbs. Key Results
1. Performs a comprehensive assessment on all patients utilizing skills of observation, communication and examination. Develops age specific plan of care for each patient identifying problems/needs and communicating nursing plan to health care team.
2. Anticipates and provides equipment and supplies in a timely manner and organized manner based on the needs of the patient and surgeon.
3. Creates and maintains a sterile field by using principles of aseptic practice in varying situations, initiates corrective action when break in technique occurs, communicates/documents maintenance of sterile field.
4. Performs count by following established policy and procedures, initiates corrective action when counts are incorrect, and communicates/documents results of counts.
5. Anticipates and provides safe anatomical positioning based on the needs of the patient and surgeon in accordance to policy and procedure.
6. Monitors and controls the OR Suite environment (temperature, humidity, and sensory) maintain traffic patterns, and adheres to OR sanitation policies.
7. Handles/transports/stores/prepares/specimens/administers medications/solutions safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
8. Return equipment and supplies to proper place and prepare OR room for next case.
9. Uses supplies judiciously and documents patient charges completely and accurately.
10. Facilitates staff development, assists with the orientation and training of new personnel, and participates in the development of educational program for co-workers.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communication.
12. Return promptly from breaks and give breaks as needed.
Web Reference : AJF/361440519-21
Posted Date : Thu, 11 Aug 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Williamson Medical Center. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Careers 4 Graduates