Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
Shifts scheduled between 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America's leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services. Job Summary
Under the supervision and according to departmental policies and procedures, assists nurses in observing and monitoring behavior and physical condition of patients. Performs basic patient care tasks including assisting patients with personal hygiene and other daily living activities as delegated and in accordance with nursing care plans and policies and procedures. Establishes therapeutic relationships with patients and encourages their participation in recreational and other therapeutic activities. Assists in maintaining a safe, therapeutic environment. Reports to Nurse Manager.
- High School Graduate.
- Previous experience in psychiatric-mental health setting or previous experience in medical-surgical health care setting preferred.
- If working with a specialty population, eg, geriatrics or children and adolescents, previous experience with that population also preferred.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Successful completion of CPR training and crisis intervention training within 3 months of hire.
We take great care of careers.
Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working with a top notch organization:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount program
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.