Job Description Family Practice Physician The "All American City is in need of your talents and skills . The Community - Fort Bragg/Fayetteville, NC
Both historic and beautiful, Fayetteville is one of the oldest communities in North Carolina, playing a huge role in American history dating all the way back to the American Revolution. Fayetteville has received the prestigious All-America City Award from the National Civic League three times, and is the fifth largest municipality in North Carolina with an approximate population of 377,193. Built on the Cape Fear River, the climate and the region offer opportunities for hiking, fishing, golf, water sports, camping, museums, historic sites, and much more with a growing economy to support indoor adventures as well.
Position is located at Fort Bragg. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide services within the scope of the clinical privileges granted by the commanding officer
- Review patient consults; conduct medical record reviews along with providing physical examinations to provide the appropriate physical readiness waivers to determine if patients are suitable for isolated, remote, overseas or operational assignment for all referred Active Duty, Reservist and Medically Retired personnel.
- Complete DES referrals for patients identified in monthly CDEB meetings, as directed by Convening Authority. Also, complete comprehensive NARSUM by reviewing Veterans Affairs C&P disability examination results, service treatment records, and Commander's NMA concerning member's medical status. Serve as Impartial Medical Review Provider, when requested, in cases referred by other providers.
- Serve as the Medical Officer Representative supporting of TEMPO program, to include completion of LIMDU or RTD chits as necessary. Coordinate with PCMs, specialty providers, and Case Managers in the management of LIMDU population
- Performs extensive analysis of the service members' medical condition from a potential wide spectrum of medical evaluations, reports and therapeutic plans from disparate specialties and integrate them into a cohesive clinical assessment on how they ultimately affect fitness for duty for the service member. The product of this analysis will be the eventual synthesis of the requisite documents, such as the narrative summary, required of the Medical Evaluation Board process.
- Duties also include appropriate consultation with each service member including appropriate referral of adjunctive primary, alternative and/or specialty care required to either diagnose or treat the service member's medical condition.
- Consults with other healthcare providers regarding disability evaluations and the coordination of medical care on behalf of the service member undergoing the medical evaluation process.
- Consults with DFA, Convening Authorities, and PAD Department Head on all matters
- pertaining to the medical board's process.
- Consults with providers, clinical coordinators, and/or program managers of the Department of the Navy (DON) Disability Evaluation Program, Navy Personnel Command and the VA Competency and Pension medical/senior administrative staff
- Performs Independent Medical Reviews (IMR) as needed upon request of patient.
- Provide clinical direction ot the convening authority (if appointed by the Commanding Officer of the NHCQ).
- Participates in assigned committee and/or administrative assignments; other duties as required.
- May be assigned other duties consistent with the normal duties of a physician as directed by the Commanding Officer.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
- Current unrestricted license to practice in any of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands
- M.D. or D.O., graduated from an accredited medical college or university
- Physician, Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Board Certified Family Medicine (ABFM) or Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Possess one year of experience within the last two years as a physician in a family practice or internal medicine setting OR h ave successfully completed Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Residency program within one year prior to submitting credential package.
Web Reference : AJF/439607357-21
Posted Date : Mon, 26 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Kurz Solutions. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Careers 4 Graduates