Radiation Therapist Full Time
Facility Address: 701 Plymouth Avenue, Deland, FL
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources and Mental Health Resources and Support
- No State Income Tax
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule : Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you'll be caring for:
- Low cost of living combined with a high quality of life centrally located between Orlando and Daytona Beach.
- Deland is the home of Stetson University founded in 1883, so you will find an historic and trendy, college-town atmosphere in Deland.
- A-rated hospital for patient safety by the Leapfrog Group
- Outdoor activities abound with its location near the St. John's River for boating, hiking and relaxing
The role you'll contribute:
The Radiation Therapist is responsible for performing safe and efficient patient simulations, and applying ionizing radiation to the patient as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist. The Radiation Therapist demonstrates and promotes service excellence at all times, and is a key member of the comprehensive team responsible for the care of the oncology patient.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Prepares the patient and delivers radiation treatments as directed by the Radiation Oncologist.
- Completes consistency check prior to the first treatment.
- Compares the dose information in ARIA against the dose information on the dosimetry plans.
- Monitors the patient with audio/visual equipment during the treatment to observe any patient movement and notified manager of any patient complaints.
- Documents all patient information in the treatment record, including but not limited to port films, the use of bolus or other treatment aids.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiation Therapy program
- Current Florida Radiation Therapist license required
- Minimum of at least one year of experience
- Must be a Registered Radiation Therapist (ARRT)
- Current BLS from American Heart Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Web Reference : AJF/366765572-21
Posted Date : Wed, 10 Aug 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of AdventHealth. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Careers 4 Graduates