Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI w/PolygraphJob Description:
Ready to be part of a team that tackles defense and data challenges? Want to take your architectural skills to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact? Parsons is now hiring and experienced Space Planners with a desire to work on projects that change the urban fabric of our community.
Parsons' extensive experience in this field, combined with your planning knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We can offer training, development and opportunities to work on marquee projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our Space Planners to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments and who have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
PROJECT: Parsons is managing a Technical Services (TS) program for an agency within the Department of Defense to review third party A/E work; conduct studies, analysis, testing and measuring; perform specialized engineering services, planning and design reviews; commissioning services; and construction oversight on worldwide delivery orders.
RESPONSIBLITIES: Parsons is seeking a Space Planner to perform the following:
- Performs a variety of assignments such as conducting architectural studies, developing design concepts and design criteria, and preparing related reports.
- Reviews CAD drawings, renderings, layouts, study models, construction documents, and color boards prepared by Architectural Designers. Ensures compliance with applicable codes, standards, and client requirements.
- Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Writes construction specifications and prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials. Interfaces with suppliers as required.
- Reviews supplier drawings and samples, and performs technical bid analyses.
- Coordinates work with engineering and construction units at project site. Reviews, approves, and issues detailed design and construction drawings and specifications prepared by others.
- Provides technical guidance to lower-level Architectural Designer/Drafters working on the same project.
- Keeps abreast of current technologies via technical subscriptions and attendance at conferences.
- Prepares staffing estimates and execution plans.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture (or equivalent degree or years of experience) is required with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- ACTIVE TS/SCI w/POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- Must be US Citizen
- Requires proficiency in the application of architectural design standards, practices, techniques, and concepts.
- Proficiency in CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with architectural design is also required. The ability to make presentations to clients and others is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Web Reference : AJF/254996362-21
Posted Date : Fri, 14 Jan 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Parsons Corporation. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Careers 4 Graduates